Support and Training for University Websites
Georgia Southern utilizes a content management system – WordPress – for managing all public-facing websites for colleges, departments and outreach units. There are many benefits to using a managed content management system and WordPress in particular. Here are just a few of the things we’re able to do effectively with WordPress:
- keep our online content fresh and up-to-date – as updating content in WordPres is relatively simple and there’s no need to rely on a tech resource, content editors can update their websites more often.
- engage our visitors more effectively and help them find the information they need
- separate content from design so future redesigns are less time-consuming and costly
Currently, Georgia Southern has three primary WordPress themes in use – the College theme for colleges, the Unit theme for division websites, and the Department theme which is flexible enough for most departments, centers and outreach units. View all themes here >
Are you a content editor? We provide training resources and support here – to get started, read the Web Guide for best practices. We also post tutorials with sample code and tips to help you make the most of your website.
Content Owners – start with the Guide for Content Owners for information about your role and responsibilities.
- SiteImprove – weekly reports of broken links & misspellings on your website(s).
- Google Analytics – view your website’s traffic reports.
- Training Dates – content editors must attend training before editing a University website.