SEO & Google Analytics
- Built-in to the theme at launch
- Domain owners can access Analytics reports by going to https://analytics.google.com/ (sign in using your MyGS account).
- Domain owners may request access for additional users using the Web Support Form
News – optional – ability to post college news and display on your homepage.
Homepage Slideshows – easily update slideshows using the Display Buddy Slideshow plugin. Upload images from your computer or WP Media Library, add links and manage slideshow effects.
- Homepage Slideshow – dimensions 600px x 328px
- College Announcements (small widget on bottom right of homepage) – dimensions 277px x 184px
Pages – no HTML knowledge required – use the built-in Visual Editor to make text bold, italic, indenting, creating numbered/bulleted lists, adding links, and insert images and documents (PDFs).
Media Library – houses all images & documents uploaded to site. Use naming conventions to make search easier. All images must be optimized for the web (resized & resolution 72ppi).
Navigation Menu – use the simple drop & drag interface to add pages, custom links and categories to your navigation menus.
Layout Options – all sites include a variety of layout options that can be used on any page – home page or interior pages. You select a page’s layout from the Template drop down menu in the WordPress Page Editor’s Page Attributes box.
Here are descriptions of each layout/template:
- Home Page – this is the standard college home page layout. See example >>
- Home Page – No Site Title on Banner Image – standard college home page layout, but without the website’s title in the blue banner over the slideshow.
- Home Page Alt Layout – this layout includes a vertical navigation menu on the left side of the page, a content area and 3 bottom widgets. See example >>
- Default Template – vertical navigation menu on the left side of the page, a content area, no bottom widgets. See example >>
Last updated: 8/3/2016