Web Content Consultations
One of the roles of the Web Content Manager is to collaborate with colleges and departments to elicit and improve content across University websites.
Using site traffic data and analytics as well as departmental data and expertise, the Web Content Manager will make recommendations and help to analyze, streamline and possibly improve website content.
1. Initial consultation and interview
The initial consultation and interview will not be a comprehensive tour of your site. It’s simply a dialogue with the content owners to figure out the goals and objectives of the existing website.
In this process, we’ll first try to identify your target users and figure out your website “funnel,” the path your users take to reach specific actions or goals. Finally, we’ll look at the pages that lead them through this funnel and focus on its effectiveness.
Please note: this process will not include an exhaustive analysis of every page on your website. This will only cover those pages identified as leading users to specific actions.
2. Content Analysis
Once your funnel pages have been identified, we can start the process of analyzing specific content. There are three parts to this:
- Content Inventory – examining what types of content (text, photos, video) are presently available for your department as well as which are being utilized or not on your websites.
- Existing Content Analysis – looking at existing website content to see what can be improved.
- Content Gap Analysis – looking at objectives and goals to determine what content does not exist on the site, but could be useful in leading users through the funnel.
3. Recommendations and Production
Based on the data and analysis, we’ll come up with a list of specific recommendations to improve content and pages and to better drive users towards your intended actions and goals. This will include not only content editing, page additions and the like, but also tracking in analytics to see how effectively the website is meeting its objectives.
Web content consultations are voluntary and provided on a first-come, first-served basis. If you’re interested in this service, please contact:
Doy Cave, Web Content Manager
Phone: (912) 478-8506
Last updated: 5/20/2016