WordPress Upgrade – December 2017
The University’s WordPress network will be upgraded on December 8, 2017. Websites will be affected for less than a minute. The upgrade includes security patches and minor updates to the WordPress admin area with a few notable new features.
Schedule Changes to Site Appearance
You can now draft changes to your Header Image, Menus and Widgets and schedule them go live on your website at a later date. You can also generate a preview link to share changes with others prior to go live.
- In the WordPress admin area, go to Appearance–>Customize
- Select the area of your site that you want to edit (Header Image, Menus or Widgets)
- Make your changes – WordPress will refresh the page and show you a preview at this point
- Click the gear icon on the Publish button
- Select from options to Save Draft, Schedule and get a Preview Link
New Sidebar Widget
Gallery Widget – add an image gallery to any widget-enabled area on your site
Posted in Updates