Navigating the New Editing Environment
When viewing the new page editing layout for the first time, a blocks tutorial will pop up to walk you through where to find some commonly used features. View the explanations below to learn more about navigating the new editing environment.
Top Bar Elements (left to right)
- ⊕ Add block icon – allows you to add new blocks. The new block will insert under the block you have selected. Learn more about the new blocks.
- Undo and Redo icons – allows you to undo or redo your last action. See the keyboard shortcuts to better utilize these functions.
- (i) Content structure icon – shows an overview of your content on the page.
- Block navigation icon – outline view of the blocks on your page. Allows you to quickly navigate to the blocks on the page.
- Switch to Draft / Save Draft – switches the page to a draft. Only appears if the page is published. If the page is set to draft, this text reads “Save Draft”.
- Preview – loads a new tab with a preview of the page. Preview the page before publishing changes to make sure nothing has broken and everything looks the way you want.
- Update / Publish… – updates the page if it’s already published. If the page is a draft, you will see “Publish…” clicking the button will allow you to publish your page but chose your settings first.
- Settings icon (gear) – allows you to toggle between displaying or hiding the right sidebar for page and block settings.
- Show more tools & options (three dots) – more options to change your editing experience.
- View – area toggles, click around to customize your editing experience.
- Editor – switch between visual and code editor for the whole page.
- Manage All Reusable Blocks – takes you to a page with all of your reusable blocks listed. Make sure you save before clicking as it will take you away from the current page. Learn more about the new blocks.
- Keyboard Shortcuts – shows a list of all the keyboard shortcuts available to use in the page editing environment.
- Copy All Content – copies all of the content on the page in HTML format. Paste the copied content into a new block space on a new page to copy the page.
- Options – more toggles to customize your editing page.
Right Sidebar – While Editing a Page
See the different options available on a news article below this section.
Right Sidebar – While Editing a News Article
- Status & Visibility
- Visibility – public, private, or password protected.
- Publish – news article published date. To schedule the post, click on “immediately” to change it to a future date.
- Author – shows the original author of the news article.
- The preview and publish buttons have moved to the top bar.
- Categories – set the categories for your news article, determined by your department.
- Tags – set the tags for your news article, determined by your department.
- Excerpt – place a short description to show on the news page.
Last updated: 4/23/2019