The following tutorials and handouts are available to help you make the most of your WordPress site. Check back regularly for updates! If you would like to request a tutorial, please contact Brittni Favorite at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Getting Started with WordPress
Working with the Gutenberg Editor
Working with Content
- Creating a New Page – classic editor
- Creating News – classic editor
- Inserting Images and Other Files into Content
- Working with Tables – classic editor
- Embedding Google Documents (Sheets, Docs, Slides, etc.) (tutorial on WordPress.com)
- Posting Videos – classic editor
- Graphics & Images – sample Banner/Header Images, social media icons and buttons.
- Learn more about when to use Alternative Text
Tips & Best Practices
The following articles are for advanced users familiar with HTML or those that would like to expand their knowledge.
- Lightbox Effect – to open images in a lightbox window.
- Shortcodes – available shortcuts for styling content.
Last updated: 12/4/2019