College and Unit Theme
SEO & Google Analytics
- Meta tags, sitemaps and real-time notifications to major search engines are built into your website at launch.
- Content owners can access Analytics reports by going to https://analytics.google.com/ (sign in using your MyGS account).
- Content owners may request access for additional users via MyTechHelp.
Simple, intuitive content management – no HTML knowledge required – use the built-in editors to format your content, add links, edit and insert images, embed videos and more.
Bootstrap-ready – built on Twitter Bootstrap, a popular front-end development framework, you can use most Bootstrap features in your WordPress pages. Georgia Southern specific classes are also available for you to use.
Navigation Menu – use the simple drop & drag interface to add pages, custom links and categories to your navigation menus.
News – post news about your college and display on your homepage and departmental sites. All WordPress sites come with a built-in RSS feed that can be used in an RSS widget on any department sites.
Media Library – houses all images & documents uploaded to site. Use naming conventions to make search easier. All images must be optimized for the web (resized & 72ppi resolution).
Layout Options – all sites include a variety of layout options that can be used on any page – home page or interior pages. You select a page’s layout from the Template drop down menu in the WordPress Page Editor’s Page Attributes box.
Here are descriptions of each layout/template:
- Home Page – this is the standard college home page layout.
See example >
- Default Template – vertical navigation menu on the left side of the page, a content area, no bottom widgets.
Last updated: 3/24/2020