SEO & Google Analytics
- Meta tags, sitemaps and real-time notifications to major search engines are built into your website at launch.
- Content owners can access Analytics reports by going to https://analytics.google.com/ (sign in using your MyGS account).
- Content owners may request access for additional users via MyTechHelp.
Simple, intuitive content management – no HTML knowledge required – use the built-in editors to format your content, add links, edit and insert images, embed videos and more.
Navigation Menu – use the simple drop & drag interface to add pages, custom links and categories to your navigation menus.
News – post news about your department and display on your homepage and other areas of your site. All WordPress sites come with a built-in RSS feed that can be used in an RSS widget on any department sites.
Media Library – houses all images & documents uploaded to site. Use naming conventions to make search easier. All images must be optimized for the web (resized & resolution 72ppi).
- Header Image – edit the banner image on your site in Appearance –> Header. Dimensions are 940px x 265px. You can edit and crop your images to fit the exact dimensions when you upload them to WordPress.
- Sidebar – images/graphics should have a maximum width of 250px.
Layout Options – all sites include a few standard layout options that can be used on any page. You select a page’s layout from the Template drop down menu in the WordPress Page Editor’s Page Attributes box.
Here are descriptions of each layout/template:
- Default Template – this is the standard department theme page layout – content area on the left, sidebar on the right. See example >
- Page with 3 Bottom Widgets – add widget-ready areas under the page content area, best used for the home page. See example >
- News – creates a blog-style page with your news items displayed in reverse chronological order. See example >
- Fullwidth (No sidebar) – removes the sidebar from that particular page (useful when displaying wide tables). See example >
Last updated: 3/27/2019